CHRD job vacancy: Coordinator for Research & AdvocacyComments Off on CHRD job vacancy: Coordinator for Research & Advocacy
Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD)—Coordinator for Research & Advocacy
The Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) (https://www.nchrd.org), a small non-profit organization that monitors human rights developments in China, is hiring a full-time Coordinator for Research and Advocacy.
Education: At a minimum, a Masters degree, with a specialty in international relations, political science, public policy, journalism, law, Asian Studies, or related area, is required.
Experience: Minimum seven years’ professional experiences in conducting investigative research, documenting, reporting, or engaging in advocacy on human rights issues in China, or experience in NGO management in this area, is required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to organize and manage team research and advocacy efforts, conduct investigative research, write and produce reports on topics and developments in the area of human rights in China; identify and critically examine emerging trends, and coordinate, plan and execute research projects and advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Fluent or near native reading, comprehension, and writing skills in Mandarin Chinese language.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to lead team projects, work independently and collaboratively, under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong media outreach skills and deft use of social media for advocacy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strictly follows digital security best practices and has a solid understanding of digital security tools
Manage and conduct research and oversee publications, including reports, statements, news briefings, submissions to UN and other government and intergovernmental bodies, and website updates and any other special thematic campaign pages on the CHRD website;
- Coordinate media and social media campaigns and other outreach and advocacy;
- Manage staff performing specific tasks including updating the website, database, and social media, undertaking translation, and other research-related or administrative tasks;
- Maintain strict compliance with confidentiality and privacy principles with respect to sources and partners working under risky conditions;
- Working flexible hours, under tight deadlines, to handle emerging developments with colleagues in different time zones;
- Traveling internationally, as required, to conduct advocacy and capacity-building trainings.
Salary and benefits: CHRD seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits at small NGOs.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, an unedited writing sample in English (under 5 pages), and contact information for three references to: email@example.com
Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) is a network of Chinese and international activists promoting human rights and empowering rights defenders in China. A non-governmental organization, CHRD provides logistical support and capacity building services to human rights advocates, monitors human rights developments, and assists victims of human rights abuses. CHRD advocates the peaceful realization of human rights protection through democratization and rule of law reform.