CHRD job vacancy: Administer of Websites & Social MediaComments Off on CHRD job vacancy: Administer of Websites & Social Media
Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD)
– Administer of Websites & Social Media
The Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) (https://www.nchrd.org), a small non-profit organization that monitors human rights developments in China, is hiring a full-time website and social media administrator.
Education: At a minimum, a college degree, with knowledge and experience in Internet security, website maintenance, social media, and other related areas, is required.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience working in the relevant areas is required. Familiarity with China, human rights issues, and non-profit organizations is essential.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
– Excellent reading and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
– Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team under tight deadlines.
– Strong tech-knowledge and experience with managing and maintaining websites.
– Demonstrated social media skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Proficiency with digital security risks, best practices, and tools.
– Demonstrated commitment to promoting human rights.
– Maintaining websites, including posting articles, adding or deleting pages, colleting web stats, etc.
– Helping with digital security, being the liaison with Internet security experts, and troubleshooting and helping with troubleshooting.
– Managing social media platforms and helping to design media advocacy campaigns, and tracking press coverage.
– Administering mailing and press releases.
– Assisting database updates and maintenance.
– Working flexible hours, under tight deadlines, to handle emergencies with colleagues in different time zones;
– Traveling internationally, as required, to conduct or assist with digital security training;
– Carrying out any other duties as required, such as translation, and other media and digital security related or administrative tasks.
This is a two-year position, with the opportunity for renewal.
Compensation: CHRD seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits found at small NGOs.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for two references to: email@example.com
Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) is a network of Chinese and international activists promoting human rights and empowering rights defenders in China. A non-governmental organization, CHRD provides logistical support and capacity building services to human rights advocates, monitors human rights developments, and assists victims of human rights abuses. CHRD advocates the peaceful realization of human rights protection through democratization and rule of law reform.