CHRD job vacancy: Social Media CampaignerComments Off on CHRD job vacancy: Social Media Campaigner
Small Nonprofit Organization Opportunity: Social Media Campaigner
The Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) (https://www.nchrd.org), a small non-profit organization that monitors human rights developments in China, seeks applicants for social media campaign work.
Education: At a minimum, a Bachelors degree, knowledge and experience in Internet security, website publication, social media, and other relevant skills, is required.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience working in relevant fields is required. Familiarity with China, human rights issues, and non-profit organizations is preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
– Excellent reading and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
– Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team under tight deadlines.
– Strong tech-knowledge and experience with managing and posting on websites.
– Demonstrated skills and effective strategy in using social media.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Proficiency with digital security risks, best practices, and tools.
– Demonstrated commitment to promoting human rights.
– Maintaining websites, including posting articles, photos, and videos, adding or deleting pages, etc.
– Managing social media platforms and helping to design advocacy campaigns.
– Tracking press coverage, maintaining media contact lists.
– Sending mass emails, including press releases.
– Updating Prisoner of Conscience database.
This is a two-year contract, with the opportunity for renewal.
Compensation: CHRD seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for two references to: email@example.com
Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) is a network of Chinese and international activists promoting human rights and empowering rights defenders in China. A non-governmental organization, CHRD provides logistical support and capacity building services to human rights advocates, monitors human rights developments, and assists victims of human rights abuses. CHRD advocates the peaceful realization of human rights protection through democratization and rule of law reform.