Job vacancy: Finance & Office AdministratorComments Off on Job vacancy: Finance & Office Administrator
Small Nonprofit Organization Job Opening: Finance & Office Administrator
The Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD) (https://www.nchrd.org), a small non-profit organization that monitors human rights developments in China, has a job opening for Finance & Office Administrator.
Job title: Finance & Office Administrator
Job description: The Finance & Office Administrator will perform general office duties, basic financial tasks, and provide administrative support to other members of the organization. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, administering payments, drafting financial reports and budgets for grant proposals, assisting with audits, planning and implementing logistics for various events, coordinating with external payroll and other service providers and various vendors, maintaining equipment inventory/staff time sheets, and any other administrative tasks as requested.
Location: Washington DC metro area, United States
Start date: The position is open immediately, with a start date of no later than March 1.
Salary & benefits: CHRD seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and benefits, which include health insurance, a company-sponsored retirement plan, and paid annual leave. There is a 6-month trial period.
- At least a university degree, preferably with a major in nonprofit or business administration;
- At least two years of previous administrative experience required and experience in bookkeeping preferred;
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehension, and typing English and Chinese;
- Basic office skills such as ability to use QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), and an understanding of internet security issues;
- Willingness to work for a small nonprofit NGO;
- The ability to work independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision, strong self-motivation and initiative, attention to detail, and good teamwork skills;
- This is a telecommuting job;
- Candidate should be willing to travel for business occasionally.
Candidate must have US citizenship or Permanent Residence status with work permit.
To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of two references to: Contact@nchrd.org. We will accept applications until January 30, 2022.